Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Senator Reverend Ruben Diaz Clarifies News Reports About Attorney General Candidate Dan Donovan Endorsement

 New York State Senator Reverend Ruben Diaz (D-Bronx) issued the following statement to clarify a statement that had been reported by Liz Benjamin in a Capital Tonight column on Monday, October 4th:

“I would like to clarify something reported by Ms. Benjamin’s in her news report that stated: “The clergy group has already endorsed one Republican statewide contender: AG hopeful Dan Donovan.”
Ms. Benjamin did not accurately report what I told her in regard to my fellow ministers and our support for Dan Donovan in his race for New York Attorney General race.
On Sunday, I told Ms. Benjamin that my ministers and I took a vote and agreed that we would endorse Dan Donovan only after if he would meet with us during one of our weekly meetings so that he could answer some questions about issues that effect our community.
As I have clarified during other public forums where candidates have attended and shared their positions, the New York Hispanic Clergy Organization does not officially endorse candidates, but the ministers themselves may endorse them.”





No comments:

Post a Comment