Wednesday, December 11, 2013

WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW


By Senator Rev. Rubén Díaz
32nd Senatorial District, Bronx County, New York


For Your Information

  You should know that recently, I sent an invitation to friends and colleagues to join me at my 2013 Christmas Party, which will be held on Friday, December 20th from 7pm - 1am at Maestro's Restaurant located at 1703 Bronxdale Avenue in the Bronx.

Once again, it will be my honor to gather in a great spirit of unity to celebrate the Christmas season with so many of my neighbors, constituents, community leaders, elected officials, and dignitaries. I am proud to say that my annual Christmas Party is one of the biggest and best parties in the City of New York.

Each year, the number of guests who attend my Christmas Party continues to grow. I have been told by many that it is the social event of the season - and it is!

This year, I have made arrangements for 400 seats to be available for my party guests who would like to sit and socialize so that we have enough room for everyone who attends to enjoy the night. In previous years we have been faced with situations where some people who join me at my party don't find seats because of the very large crowd. To many, the size of the crowd is great because they get to see how many friends and colleagues come to join me for the night, but it is worrisome to me that I may be unable to provide enough seats for everyone.

It is my prayer and my wish that during this year's Christmas Party, there will be a seat available for everyone who wants one, but please bear in mind that there is a possibility that there may not be enough seats for everyone to sit, and like me, some people will be standing.

You should know that this party is for adults and not children. This year I will be hosting two very special Christmas events for children. My first Christmas celebration for children will be held on December 16 at 4pm where I will be distributing free toys to the first 1,000 children who attend. This event will be held at IS 216 which is located at 977 Tiffany Street in the Bronx. Then, on January 4, I will host my annual Three Kings Day event at PS 5 which is located at 564 Jackson Avenue in the Bronx, where the first 1,000 children who attend will receive free toys.

Ladies and gentlemen, I look forward to seeing you on December 20th, where there will be plenty of music and good food and holiday cheer. I look forward to seeing many children during my Christmas and my Three Kings Day celebrations on December 16th and on January 4th.

I wish all of you and your families a very Merry Christmas.

This is Senator Reverend Rubén Díaz and this is what you should know.
  


No comments:

Post a Comment