Monday, June 16, 2014

June 24th Ribbon-cutting Ceremony to Celebrate Grand Opening of R.A.I.N. Gun Hill Neighborhood Senior Center


  On Tuesday, June 24, 2014 at 11 AM, Regional Aid for Interim Needs, Inc. (R.A.I.N.) is pleased to announce that it will hold a ribbon-cutting ceremony for Grand Opening of the R.A.I.N. Gun Hill Neighborhood Senior Center.  The ceremony will take place at the brand new  facility located at 3377 White Plains Road, The Bronx, New York 10467.
 
“We are happy to introduce our accomplishment to the seniors, community and those who helped bring this program to fruition,” said Anderson Torres, CEO of R.A.I.N. Inc.  The ribbon-cutting ceremony for R.A.I.N. marks the launch of another quality driven program for a community in need of these services. 
Senator Ruth Hassell-Thompson, Assemblyman Carl Heastie, Council Member Andy King and Bronx Borough President Ruben Diaz Jr. are scheduled to be on hand to offer a few remarks regarding R.A.I.N. Gun Hill Neighborhood Senior Center and to assist in the ribbon-cutting.
R.A.I.N. was founded in 1964 by Beatrice Castiglia-Catullo as a voluntary effort to provide in-home care for older persons leaving the hospital with no one at home to care for them.  Having herself experienced the hardship of caring for an elderly homebound relative with no outside assistance, Mrs. Catullo sought to address this need and fulfill the desires of seniors to continue to be productive and independent citizens of the community. 
Currently, R.A.I.N. is the largest provider of social services for seniors in The Bronx with 17 service sites throughout the Bronx and one in upper Manhattan offering a comprehensive continuum of services to help seniors live safely and independently in their homes.
For more information regarding the event or R.A.I.N.’s programs, please call R.A.I.N.’s Administration Office at (718) 892-5520.

No comments:

Post a Comment