Tuesday, June 24, 2014

New R.A.I.N Senior Center



 Today was the ribbon cutting for the new R.A.I.N. (Regional Aid for Interim Needs inc.) senior center located at 3377 White Plains Road in the Gun Hill section of the Bronx. On hand were almost 200 R.A.I.N. supporters and local elected officials to cut the ribbon and give short speeches. Councilman Andy King was the hit of this event sporting a red checkered jacket with matching red bow-tie. Also on hand was Assemblyman Carl Heastie, representatives of Bronx Borough President Ruben Diaz Jr., City Comptroller Scott Stringer, State Senator Ruth Hassel-Thompson, and soon to be 98 years old R.A.I.N. founder Ms. Beatrice Castiglia-Catullo.  















Left - Councilman Andy King shows his flare for clothes with his jacket and matching Bow-Tie. Norma Diego King's Director of Constituent Services is with him.
Right Councilman King speaks to Ms. Beatrice Castiglia-Catullo the founder of R.A.I.N. about just how R.A.I.N. is important to him and the community.













Left - Evelyn Cintron the director of this new R.A.I.N. senior center tells of the story of how she came to R.A.I.N. and became the director of this site.
Right - Just some of the standing room only crowd that was in attendance.
Finally after all the speeches the ribbon is cut to officially open the new R.A.I.N. senior center with 70 housing units located at 3377 White Plains road. 
On October 30th R.A.I.N. will be 50 years old, and its founder Ms. Beatrice Castigilia-Catullo (center with the scissors) will turn 98. 


No comments:

Post a Comment