Tuesday, January 20, 2015

I'm running for Congress by Adam C. Powell


This came in from Adam Clayton Powell for Congress.

Hello my friend, I hope the new year is treating you well.
 
Now that Congressman Charlie Rangel has begun his last term, it's time to begin the journey to replace him.  The 13th Congressional District covers most of Northern Manhattan and parts of the Northwest Bronx.  It has been represented by two legendary figures:  my father, Adam Clayton Powell, Jr. (who created the seat and became the first African American Congressman from NY 1944-1970) and Charles B. Rangel (1970-Present).  We need a progressive voice to preserve the rich history of these last 70 years.  I intend to run for that seat.
 
This is not an exploratory committee;  I've been exploring this district for over 20 years.  It's time to run.  I know this congressional district as well as anyone.  From El Barrio to Harlem to Washington Heights & Inwood to the Bronx, I've represented various parts of this district in the City Council and in the State Assembly.  Most of the leaders in these various neighborhoods are people I know and have worked with throughout the years.  I hope you pray for me and join me in this exciting journey.
 
All the best,
 
ADAM
 
 
 
 
 
Paid for by Powell for Congress
Adam Clayton Powell for Congress
420 E. 117th St
Suite 2
New York NY 10035

No comments:

Post a Comment