Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Congratulations to Eric Schneiderman


What You Should Know 
By State Senator Rev. Rubén Díaz 
32nd Senatorial District 


You should know that I offer my congratulations to New York State Attorney General Eric Schneiderman for proposing a ban on outside income for legislators, as was reported in every newspaper today.

You should also know that New York State Attorney General Eric Schneiderman is no “Johnny-Come-Lately” to this matter.  In 2009 and in 2010, when I first introduced Senate Bill 3149 asking for the same thing - barring outside income for legislators - the only State Senator at the time who supported my bill and co-sponsored it was Eric Schneiderman.  (I have continued to introduce this legislation every year and so far, only a handful of my colleagues have offered their support.)

Ladies and gentlemen, New York State Attorney General Eric Schneiderman’s record speaks for itself, and I congratulate him for having the moral fiber to remain strong on this much-needed piece of ethics reform.

I am State Senator Rubén Díaz and this is what you should know.


No comments:

Post a Comment