Friday, February 5, 2016

Statement from CM Cohen re: Compensation and Reforms Legislation





  “Today, the New York City Council passed an unprecedented package of reforms.  These reforms will significantly improve the transparency of the Council and ensure that we as Council Members focus solely on representing all 8.5 million New Yorkers.  As a New York City Council Member, I often work days, nights and weekends throughout my district and at City Hall.  I pledged as a candidate that I would not accept any lulus and that I would be a full-time Council Member.  I am proud to say that I have kept that promise.  I have never accepted a lulu in my capacity as the Chair of the Committee on Mental Health and I closed my law practice in order to dedicate myself fully to working for my constituents.   These historic reforms – including the official designation as ‘full time’ - will allow us as legislators to serve the public to the best of our ability.”

No comments:

Post a Comment