Saturday, April 30, 2016

Charlie Rangel - Proudly Endorsing Keith Wright - He'll Continue my Work


Representing Upper Manhattan and the Bronx in Congress has been an honor and a privilege. I'm incredibly proud of my service and, as I look to the future, it's important that I support a candidate who will work equally hard for New York. That's why I am proud to announce my endorsement of Keith Wright's campaign for Congress. Keith is the best choice for New York's 13th District!

I'm proudly endorsing Keith Wright - join me in support!

I first came to Congress in 1971. The world has changed since then, but my commitment to the great people of New York has remained steadfast. Our city is my priority - I created the Upper Manhattan Empowerment Zone, sponsored the Affordable Care Act to expand healthcare coverage, and protested injustice by the hands of police officers. I made sure that Social Security was safe while raising the minimum wage and protecting low-income housing.

I know that Keith Wright will continue this legacy.

Keith has spent decades fighting for our community in Albany. His leadership has c
reated real change for New York. He's empowered hard-working New Yorkers to protect our rights by establishing free legal clinics and has always fought to protect and expand affordable housing. The Second Avenue Subway extension is funded because of his tenacity.

Like me, when his constituents are protesting for equality, Keith is not afraid to stand side by side with activists - even willing to risk arrest to stand up for our hardest working brothers and sisters. 

Our community needs a tireless advocate like Keith Wright who will always stand up for what is right, even in the face of right-wing extremism in Washington. I know first-hand how essential it is to have an authentic New York leader in Congress fighting for our city. Keith Wright is the man to build on the success we have achieved together in my tenure and I'm proud to endorse Keith Wright as the next Congressman representing NY-13.

What the people of Harlem, the Bronx, Washington Heights, Inwood, El Barrio, and East Harlem need in Washington is not just an experienced legislator, but a community builder
and proven leader, which Keith Wright has demonstrated to be throughout his entire public service career. We can count on Keith to represent the diverse needs of our community and keep fighting for all of us.

Thank you,
Charlie Rangel

EDITOR"S NOTE:
Congressman Rangel, What took you so long? 
Look at the previous posting from May 29, 2015 when you had me take a photo of you with your choice then to replace you in congress Keith Wright. 

No comments:

Post a Comment