Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Keith Wright for Congress files with over 11,000 signatures



    On Tuesday, April 12, 2016, Keith Wright for Congress filed with 11,387 signatures, showing widespread grassroots support building on Wright’s endorsements.

Over the past few months several leaders and organizations have announced their support for Keith Wright’s bid for Congress, including the Bronx Democratic County Committee, Gov. David Paterson, Mayor David Dinkins, Upper West Side District Leaders Bob Botfeld, Cynthia Doty, and Curtis Arluck, Assembly Speaker Carl E. Heastie, Assembly Member Denny Farrell, Assembly Member Daniel O’Donnell, Council Member Inez Dickens, the United Firefighters Association, Teamsters Joint Council 16, Teamsters Local 237, over 90 New York City tenant leaders, New York City District Council of Carpenters, International Union of Elevator Constructors Local 1 and numerous community leaders and clergy in the Bronx and Manhattan.

“I am so grateful for the amount of support my campaign is receiving from the community I love and work for. I am committed to increasing affordable housing, protecting reproductive rights, improving education, protecting LGBTQ rights, and creating jobs for our community and will bring this fight to Washington DC, just as I have brought it to Albany. I am thankful that my community recognizes the work I have done and ask for their support in the upcoming months. Together we will bring the fight to Congress,” said Keith Wright. 


No comments:

Post a Comment