Friday, April 15, 2016

STATEMENT FROM STATE SENATOR JEFF KLEIN RE HERBALIFE



     “Bravo to Betting on Zero director Ted Braun and his team who spent over three years examining the financial harm inflicted on tens of thousands of Latinos across the country by multi-level marketing company Herbalife. Six months ago, my undercover research exposed Herbalife as a ‘get-rich-quick’ scheme where new recruits lured into a ‘business opportunity’ and wind up losing thousands of dollars. Legislation I recently introduced in the New York State Senate seeks to regulate multi-level marketing companies, like Herbalife, to prevent unsuspecting sellers from being victimized.

Shining the light on Herbalife and their deceptive business practices is incredibly important to me and this documentary, which premiered last night at the TriBeCa Film Festival, further vindicates my work protect victims by passing legislation.  I hope that other regulators take this issue as seriously as Mr. Braun and I do.” Said State Senator Jeff Klein.

No comments:

Post a Comment