Tuesday, January 24, 2017

My Answer to Councilman Rafael Salamanca's Chief of Staff John Zaccaro Jr. Re Todays Facebook Disagreement


Chief of Staff John Zaccaro to Councilman Rafael Salamanca here is my answer as promised earlier on the Facebook posting about joining community boards.

I am not going to repeat what was written, but will only say that in this blog archive, and the minutes of Community Board 8 are the answers as to why I was not reappointed to Community Board 8. 

It all began with the special election for the 17th City Council district when Maria Del Carmen Arroyo stepped down as of December 31, 2015. This blog archive beginning from the first forum where I was warned by two members of the Bronx Democratic County organization at a January 2016 candidates forum that I was up for reappointment to community Board 8 in June of 2016. One of the two people has made amends to me for saying that since I was not supporting the candidate of the Bronx Democratic County organization. You Mr. John Zaccaro Jr. were the other person who warned me of my reappointment. 

May 31st came along and I received a call from the Chair of Community Board 8 that I was not reappointed. I saw the Bronx Borough President the next night at an event I was covering and asked the good borough president why I was not reappointed to Community Board 8. He was at a loss for words, and I said that I knew the reason since I had been warned about my reappointment to CB 8 by members of the Bronx Democratic County organization. The Borough President jokingly replied that I had been a bad boy. So John Zaccaro there you have it. You now have your answer, and your boss Councilman Salamanca knew this also. I wanted to keep this a secret as not to hurt the borough president, but you Mr. Zaccaro forced my hand.

Robert Press
Former member Community Board 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment